5 Health Technologies Everyone Should Be Excited About
It’s no secret that the healthcare industry is lagging when it comes to technological advancements. Although there are incredible health technologies already available, many countries still rely on old systems that impair the quality of care patients receive.
However, based on recent trends, there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Numerous healthcare providers are embracing technological innovations that seem to be revolutionizing healthcare practices. Some of the health technologies you should be excited about include:
Table of Contents
1. Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)
A.I. provides a plethora of benefits to the healthcare industry. However, this technology’s main advantage is its ability to reduce and mitigate the risks of preventable medical conditions. Some of the scenarios that A.I. may come in handy include:
- Identifying high-risk individuals: The technology can help identify people in urgent need of medical assistance and trigger medical staff alerts so that they can create custom healthcare plans for each individual.
- Automated reminders: Patients can take medications within the recommended time frame.
- Personalized dosage recommendations: By considering a patient’s unique body chemistry and the associated environmental factors.
These benefits make you stand out as a healthcare provider because they give you a competitive edge. Besides, utilizing A.I. makes you stand out as a market leader and innovator.
2. Voice-to-Text Solutions
You’ve probably used voice-to-text on Google to find out where to buy kratom capsules locally, among other things. However, voice search isn’t the only thing this technology can do. Voice-to-text solutions effectively fix the tedious traditional paper-based medical records and Electronic Health Records (EHR).
Physicians spend about 70% of their time inputting data, which significantly reduces the amount of time spent on patient care. With voice-to-text technology, doctors can make records by using the sound of their voice. As a result, they have more time to handle their patient’s cases.
3. Virtual Reality (VR)
VR is the gift that keeps on giving, and the healthcare industry has not been left behind when it comes to reaping the benefits. With this technology:
- Trainees have a front-row seat for better, more efficient training.
- You can provide an immersive patient experience where they get to tour your facility virtually.
- Physicians can provide alternative ways for patients to cope with pain
- Patients can see surgical procedures to calm their nerves before surgery
Personalized chatbots provide endless opportunities for improvement in medication management, patient pathways, and help in emergencies, among other things. Imagine being able to diagnose your symptoms and access customer service at your fingertips. This is possible with the help of chatbots.
5. Wearable Technologies
Wearable technologies are not a new concept in the healthcare industry. Fitbits and Apple watches are already mainstream, and they’re fast gaining popularity worldwide. However, this technology is not only beneficial for telling time and counting steps.
The technology has proven to be a viable healthcare tool. For instance, Apple’s Movement Disorder API has proven invaluable for researchers gathering insights about Parkinson’s disease.