How can be mobile app beneficial for your website?
This is the mobile era, and most of the users today love to browse on smartphones.
As a result, companies have recognized the need to use the mobile app efficiently to draw customers. To enhance the experience of their customers and raise their conversions, they now need to optimize mobile applications and websites.
Although companies with large wallets can afford both mobile websites and applications to use, other businesses which have to pick one of them. The choice between websites and mobile apps depends on their cost, usability, features required, and the audience they represent for the betterment of your online business.
Mobile apps can be personalized easily
Personalization is about providing users with personalized communication based on their preferences, location, behaviour in usage, and more.
It’s quick to treat consumers with a personalized experience with mobile apps. You can also test various interactions for your clients using a mobile app A/B review tool.
- Mobile apps can allow users to set their preferences at the start, based on which personalized content for web design can be served to users.
- User interaction can also be monitored and observed by Apps and used to give users personalized tips and notifications.
- In addition, in order to provide geography-specific information, they can also classify user positions in real-time.
One of the easiest way to send notifications
The most commonly used business contact method has been email for the last couple of decades. To reach out to their users, companies have used email extensively (some almost exploited it). As a result, email has lost the effectiveness it once had; it has continuously lowered its open rates and click rates.
The alerts are of two kinds: notifications from a push and in-app. They are both exciting alternatives that connect in a less invasive way with app users.
The ability to give users immediate, non-intrusive updates is so desired that it is one of the key reasons why many organizations chose first and foremost to have a mobile app.
- In-app alerts are notifications that can only be accessed by users when they open an app.
- On the other hand, push notifications are such notifications that can be accessed by users regardless of any operation they are doing on their mobile device.
- There were cases where click-through rates of 40 percent were delivered by the push medium of alerts.
Privilege to work offline easily
The most basic difference between mobile website development and an app is possibly the most significant.
While apps can still need internet connectivity to perform most of their tasks, they can still provide users in offline mode with basic content and functionality.
Let’s go back to the example of a banking app.
- The app will include features like tax calculation, calculation of installments, and loan cap determination. Even without the support of an internet connection, these features will work.
- While caching can be used by mobile websites to load web pages without an internet connection, only limited features may be provided.
Unlimited options to design apps
Even with all the technical advances in custom web development, to perform even the most basic functions, mobile websites have to rely a lot on browsers. Mobile websites rely on browser features to function, such as the ‘back button,” refresh button,’ and ‘address bar.’
None of these limitations apply to mobile applications.
Based on advanced gestures like ‘tap,” swipe,” drag,” pinch,” hold,’ and more, a mobile app can be programmed with a lot of elaborate functions.
Better experience of branding
Since a mobile app is different from the website of a company, it has the freedom to give consumers a new branding experience. This means that the company will experiment with new branding models for the app, which can be different from the company’s regular logo style (or the company altogether).
Going a step further, businesses should specifically develop mobile applications to turn into a new type of brand for themselves.
In addition, a mobile app can also allow users to customize their appearance, as per the preferences of users. In the personalization front of the app, this will benefit further.
A Better option for conversions
Mobile apps can be a fantastic medium for driving users down the conversion funnel if you’re trying to maximize conversions.
Both top-of-the-funnel (ToFu) and bottom-of-the-funnel (BoFu) users can be acquired via mobile applications.
For example, ToFu users can be brought-in by utility apps, which can be later nurtured into BoFu leads. Apps such as eCommerce, on the other hand, also have BOTF users, who have a greater probability of converting.
Helps your brand make a presence
On mobile devices, consumers spend a large amount of their time. It’s fair to assume that many people, almost every day, find the applications they’ve installed on their smartphones. For the applications, this daily experience can be seen as a branding opportunity.
Even if consumers do not use a mobile app actively, they are always reminded of the app-related brand. The app icon works like a brand mini-ad for the brand.
The existence of an app on the smartphone of a consumer helps subconsciously affect the impression of the user of a brand.
Apps work a lot faster than the websites
A well-designed mobile app can be much quicker to perform actions than a mobile website. In comparison to websites that typically use web servers, apps generally store their data locally on mobile devices. For this reason, in mobile apps, data retrieval happens quickly.
- By storing their interests, and using them to take constructive measures on behalf of users, apps will further save users time.
- A technological rationale is also available as to why mobile applications should operate faster.
It can be an expensive job to create both a mobile website and a mobile app for your business. Either of the two platforms, depending on your budget and business goals, you can have to select. While both channels have their own pros and cons, mobile apps will help you get higher conversions, in particular. Mobile applications, along with numerous other exclusive features, deliver greater personalization and operational performance.