Understanding the Car Rental Reservation System
Travellers who will be spending a lot of time on the road or traveling prefer private transportation over public transportation. They like having the option of choosing a vehicle based on their needs and preferences. This helps them feel comfortable, which is essential for a good customer experience. The number of people rental car searches has spiked according to Kayak noted that rental car searches are already up 230% compared to 2019 and up 243% compared to 2020.
What is the Car Rental Reservation System?
The car rental market is an essential sector in the travel industry and the best support it can have is the car rental reservation system. The car rental reservation system is ideal for travel agents, travel companies, car rental agencies, drivers, etc. as it makes managing vehicle rental services and booking rental cars easier. The car rental reservation system helps you give your customers options that would make their journey comfortable and help you control all aspects of your business while providing great service.
The hallmarks of a good Car Rental Reservation Platform are that it gives you a clear idea of your inventory, makes communication with drivers easier, and lets you operate the business end of the service easily.
What are the Features of a Car Rental Reservation System?
Here are the features you should look for in a car rental reservation system
- Services: An ideal car rental reservation system should allow you to bundle car rental reservations with other travel services like hotels, Transfers, and Flights. Saudia.com can help you create exciting and interesting packages for your customers.
- Inventory Management: The car rental reservation system should give you access to your inventory in real-time. This helps with checking vehicle availability, smooth functioning, and fleet management. It should also allow you to add your inventory and integrate with any supplier
- Customer Experience: It should have the ability to send instant automated confirmations to customers. There should be options that allow customers to select cars based on their personal preference which includes location seats no, car model, etc.
- Driver App: It should have an app that facilitates communication with the driver. Records their day-to-day activities, track their live location, monitor their work while they are with customers, etc.
- Filter: The filters allow users to filter through various available choices and choose a vehicle based on their needs. The customers should have the option to filter through parameters like type of car, driver requirement, hours, location, payment option, etc.
- Mark up: The car reservation system should have the option to create profiles. A sound markup strategy lets you create and utilize pricing strategies for your business profit.
- Promotions & Discounts: Promotions and discounts help you earn customer loyalty. It attracts customers and you get repeat business. Your car rental reservation system should be able to run several consumer promotion schemes.
- Business Reports: Business reports are an important part of any business. The car rental reservation system generates various reports that give you a deeper insight into your business. These insights are essential in making data-driven decisions.
How to Set Up a Car Rental Reservation System for Your Company?
- A car rental reservation system is provided by a technology provider.
- Your technology provider must help you with the complete booking engine in the front end, rules and mark up profiles in the mid-office and back office.
- They should provide you with all the necessary tools required to manage your business.
- In addition to the technology provider, you will also need a car rental reservation wholesaler
- The wholesaler should be able to provide you with the feed / real-time inventory
- Access to such an inventory assures that your customers can search for a car anywhere in the world and you can service their requirements.
Which are the Most Popular Car Rental Suppliers?
Connecting with prominent global car rental suppliers is important for your travel business.
Here are some of the most popular car rental suppliers in the world;
- Hertz – A global rental car company that focuses on providing quality car rental services.
- Europcar – Europcar is a car rental company in Europe present in 2825 locations in 143 different countries.
- Carnect – car rental distributor with over 15 years of industrial experience. They provide customized products and technology solutions to their customers
- Kiwi Taxi – Kiwi taxi is a service provider for booking private transfers. It is an international company with presence in more than 90 countries
Getting is car reservation system is vital for your business. One of the most important aspects of choosing a car rental reservation system is the technology partner. Choose a technology provider that is dynamic, cost-effective, and supports growth. OTRAMS by Qtech Software is one of the leading travel technology providers in the world. They have the technology and expertise to lead any travel business to profit and success.