Full Guide: Study Medicine in Australia
For all international students who are looking to study medicine in Australia, we have good news – we have compiled all the information you need to know to start your medicine studies in Australia.
Medicine programs in Australia are offered only by certain universities authorized by the Australian government since the health system in that country leads among the best in the world. You can directly get connected with the Immigration Agent of Australia for all visa services.
Table of Contents
Why Study Medicine in Australia?
- You will experience some of the most advanced labs and have the opportunity to explore the Australian workplace before graduation.
- The knowledge imparted will be taught by specialist professors with international recognition in research.
- You will be involved in one of the best health systems in the world.
- The annual Australian budget for the health system is high and much of that amount goes to the upgrade or construction of new hospitals.
- University degrees awarded by various Australian medical universities are recognized throughout the world.
- You will be in permanent contact with students from all over the world.
- Medicine programs are ranked within the top 100 in the world.
- It will keep you in touch with the real world, as professional internships are mandatory and you will attend conferences of specialists related to Medicine.
How Much Does a Medical Degree Cost in Australia?
The costs of the degree will depend on several factors, including the prices of the programs since they vary depending on each university, knowing whether or not you can apply to a scholarship for your academic excellence and finally the city where the particular university is located that you are choosing.
Prices for university courses (undergraduate or graduate) range from AU $ 51,000 to AU $ 115,000 per year.
The scholarships available for these programs are difficult to obtain but if you have an average higher than 9.7 points and, if your high school attended an IB (International Baccalaureate) school, the chances of success of your application increase.
If you do not have an IB (International Baccalaureate) diploma, a year spent at the university in your home country can guarantee success.
You must also include this, the payment of additional services, which are expenses that are paid once in a single exhibition.
– Australian health insurance OSHC Australia has a cost from AUD $ 35 to AUD $ 55 per week, this amount is subject to change since the more weeks the fee per week decreases. It is paid directly through the website of the insurer or the educational provider.
– The SubClass 500 study visa costs AU $ 620. It is paid directly in the migration profile.
– Biometric captures cost AU $ 38. Cash is not accepted and is paid on the day of the appointment.
– The cost of translations into English of the documents will depend on the public interpreter you hire.
In addition, you must carry a reserve for your living expenses (housing, food, transport and cell phone), to spend when you arrive in Australia while you are employed. Depending on the city you choose, the average is around AU $ 1,500 per month.
Best Medical Universities in Australia
If you still don’t know where to study medicine. Next we will name you the best Australian universities to study medicine.
– University of Tasmania
– Monash University
– Deakin University
– Griffith University
– Curtin University
– The University of Sydney
Before choosing the university, it is important that you rely on a certified agency to help you choose the best option that suits your needs. In this case, you can search for the professional education agents using Agent Finder.
Before studying medicine in Australia, you must know the things mentioned above, which will help you make a wise choice. If you determine to take the medicine study in Australia and plan to do a course application, you can turn a profession course application agent or Course Application, a powerful course application platform.