How to Convert EML Files to MBOX Manually?
Want to convert EML to MBOX file format? The following article describes the method to convert EML files to MBOX manually and its limitations, and how to overcome these limitations.
EML and MBOX both file formats are well-known and extensively used file formats. Both are cooperative with various email clients like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, SeaMonkey, etc. The Major difference between EML and MBOX format is that MBOX exports each folder as a separate file, whereas EML exports every email in different files.
However, the EML file is compatible with the Windows mail client and, the MBOX is compatible with various mail applications of the operating system. Due to some distinguished services of MBOX file format, users continue to switch their EML data into EML file format.
Let us further discuss some reasons why users convert EML to MBOX file format.
Require to Import EML To MBOX File Format
Users have many motives to convert EML files to MBOX format. So, here some of the points have been discussed below.
- Nowadays, Thunderbird has gained outstanding popularity with other email clients. Accordingly, the administrator started moving from Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird. So, this is the leading reason to export EML to MBOX.
- When a user changes his workplace and there he has to work on Mac OS, so in this situation, users need to import their EML files to MBOX file format.
Best Methods To Convert EML Files to MBOX
Here we have suggested some of the best methods which can lead to a more satisfying result for the users.
Method 1. Using Drag and drop to convert EML file into Thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird and right-click on the Inbox folder to pick a new folder option to create a new folder.
- Locate the folder name as per your preference and click the Create Folder option.
- Once the new Inbox subfolder creating is finished, minimize Thunderbird and fix the folder where the EML files are stored.
- Press Ctrl + A and select all files to drag the messages into the recently created file.
- Importing EML messages into Thunderbird can take some time.
- Next, succeeding all the above steps, close and restart the Thunderbird application to view the EML files.
Method 2. By Using the Import/Export Wizard
- First, start the Mozilla Thunderbird application on your system.
- Now continue with the Tools menu, and select the Add-ons section and install it.
- Re-start the Thunderbird application.
- When the application is open, right-click on the Inbox folder and select the New Folder option to create a new folder.
- Initiate the newly created folder and click the menu button.
- Proceed with the Tools menu, then to Plugins, and finally, choose Import Messages.
- Next, pick the EML files you want to move as Thunderbird and click Open.
- After completing all the steps, you can directly open the EML messages in MBOX format.
Shortcoming Of The Manual Method
To convert EML Files to MBOX we have to face many complexities during processing with the manual method. Some of the cases are specified below.
- The drag-and-drop method doesn’t work when converting multiple EML files at once.
- When the system crashes, the process becomes moderate, which takes more time for the conversion process.
- By the drag and drop method, files are at risk of being lost.
- The Import/Export method takes too long to load EML files into Mozilla Thunderbird.
- For, non-technical users it is difficult to perform.
Professional Method to Convert EML Files to MBOX File Format
Let’s look at another alternative to come out of this troublesome method. Use the most reliable Sysinfo EML Converter software to convert EML to MBOX format. With the help of this tool, not only can you convert multiple EML files simultaneously, but you can also avoid the hazard of data disaster. It imports EML files into MBOX, including others file format like, OST, CSV, HTML, MHTML, etc.You can go with try its demo version before working on its license version.
In this article, we have included all approaches to convert EML Files to MBOX format. So, to avoid the trouble of manual methods, we encourage users to work on an efficient solution that will help users. You can use third-party software to get instant and safe results. It supports all the earlier and modern versions of the Windows Operating System.