Quickbooks License Error – [ Best Way To Resolve ]
QuickBooks users prefer to clone the operations that help to perform better. But, this error can also encounter errors. Due to this, you may face a cloning error like QuickBooks License Error after cloning. In this post, we discuss QuickBooks License errors and also some error codes. To know more, stick with the article till the end.
QuickBooks license error is an error that appears after the QuickBooks cloning. It is software that helps to integrate numerous accounting processes. Its features are:-
- Tax filing.
- Bills management.
- Payroll managing.
- Small and medium businesses payments scheduling.
This application helps to track and manage the operations like expense sheets, bill checking, tax filing, handling spreadsheets, etc. But, after cloning the data of software get missing and damaged which helps users to access the data easily.
There are a list of the following errors that appear on your desktop:-
- Quickbooks could not initialise license properties.
- Could not initialise license properties, Error 3371.
- QuickBooks Gets The Problem with the startup..
- [Error: 3371, Status code -1118] Could not initialize license properties.
- [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] Could not initialize license properties.
Table of Contents
Symptoms of QuickBooks License Error
Below are the following symptoms of QuickBooks License Error that help you to detect the issue. Follow the below points:-
- Any of the above-mentioned error messages appear on your display.
- When the syncing of the license properties fails.
- If the sudden crash of your running window.
- The performance of the computer starts getting slow.
Causes of QB License Error After Clone
There is the reason behind this error appearing on your system. Follow the below-mentioned causes of QuickBooks license error after clone are:-
- When the data or MSXML file is damaged, then this error occurs on your software. Dat is a file that consists of the information about license MSXML. This is a Microsoft component that helps QuickBooks to work efficiently.
- If you have not updated the operating system.
- When the .QBO file is not saved before importing.
- When the third-party antivirus has blocked QuickBooks.
- Registration errors
- Error code 3371
- Online banking error
- Disable the sync licensed data
- Not able to open the company file.
You may also get some error messages while facing the issues like:-
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. Invalid License may Reason of this.. Insert the QuickBooks CD into your computer and reinstall the software. If your encounter the problem again, contact technical support”.
“Error: QuickBooks could not load the license data. Damages or missing files can be caused by this. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in the web browser window: www. Quickbooks.com /support/register .html”.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks License Error After a clone
Follow all the below methods to troubleshoot the Quickbooks license error after clone:
Method 1- Delete Entitlement Data File
The entitlement data folder is named as EntitlementDataStore.ecml file that helps to save the registration information which is encrypted product key and information of license. If the entitlement file is damaged or corrupted then the user is not able to read the content and it will create errors while transferring the data on another device. So, delete the entitlement file to resolve the errors:-
- Initially, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together.
- Then, click on qbw32.exe under the processes tab and tap on End task.
- To confirm click on the Yes button.
- Now, open the run window and press the Windows+R button.
- Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6).
- Click on ok and search the ECML file.
- now, select the file and delete it.
- To continue, click on Yes and exit from the folder.
- Lastly, re-register the product by opening the QuickBooks.
Method 2- Update Operating System of Windows
- Go to the start button and tap on the search bar for the windows update option.
- Then, select the system update from the program list.
- Click on the check for update.
- Now, select the install update option, if it is available.
- When the downloading process is complete then restart your computer. Then, the process will install the update on the screen.
- When the installation of windows is complete then try to run and register the QuickBooks.
Method 3- Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool and save it on the local desktop.
- Ensure that all other programs are closed and the QBInstall tool has to run.
- When it is complete then restart your computer to update the components.
- If you are using the older version then QuickBooks will not work appropriately. Then, update the Windows with newer versions.
- When updating is complete then restart your system to update all the components.
- If your issue is not resolved then take help from the IT experts.
Method 4- QuickBooks File Doctor in Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a powerful tool that helps to get all essential QuickBooks that help to resolve the errors with the help of Quickbooks File Doctor. Follow the below steps:-
- Firstly, you have to download the QuickBooks tool hub, the latest version, if you don’t have this tool.
- Then, launch the tool hub by tapping on the icon.
- Go to the Program tab and search for the run file doctor option.
- After that, click on the continue button.
- Start the file doctor and it will scan and fix the issues.
Method 5- Allow Admin Rights
The QuickBooks software gets blocked by third-party applications. To fix the problem, change the admin rights and assign them to QuickBooks. Follow the below to know:-
- Initially, click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Then, click on the Run as an Admin option. Then, click on the Yes button if you get any warning message.
In this article, we discuss QuickBooks License Error- the best ways to resolve it. We hope that this article will be helpful and productive for you. If you may face any errors and issues on your QuickBooks then check out our other posts as well to resolve them.