Solutions for IMAP Synchronization Issues In Outlook 2013/Office 365
Microsoft Outlook can cater to multiple accounts from different email servers like IMAP, POP, Exchange Server, and Office 365. The user should synchronize each account with the server and set proper settings to be able to send/receive messages. But, the user also must update the Outlook application consistent with the newest updates from Microsoft. These updation increases the performance of Outlook and better email communication.
But sometimes there are some updates which make the adverse effect. For e.g, consider the updates like KB2837643 or KB2837618 for Outlook. After installing these updates, there could also be synchronization problems with Outlook 2013 and Office 365. There could also be no problem with the configuration, but the updates may remain incompatible with Outlook 2013 and Outlook Office 365 and make the synchronization issues.
The reasons behind the synchronization issues
The main culprit behind the synchronization issue may be a security update (KB2837618 or KB2837643). When the user installs them, they will create synchronization issues for Outlook 2013 and Microsoft 365. Although there will be no issue in configuring the IMAP account, it will not synchronize with the Outlook 2013 or Microsoft 365. Microsoft has mentioned multiple issues related to the updates. Here are some of them which you can encounter with your Outlook:
- The Outlook may crash soon after starting it.
- When the Outlook uses an IMAP email account, then the user might not receive new messages and obtain a mistake message just like the following:
- You do not have appropriate permission to maneuver this operation.
You do not have permission to maneuver items during this folder. If the Outlook is connected with Exchange Server, then you’ll face multiple issues like:
- The Outlook will show this issue while you configure automatic replies-
- Your automatic reply settings can’t be displayed because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later. Outlook won’t give free/busy data for calendar scheduling.
After learning about the rationale behind the synchronization issue and its outcome, I now undergo some manual procedures which may correct the matter and permit the Outlook to receive new messages.
Table of Contents
Uninstall the updates from Control Panel
- In Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Find the updates KB2837643 or KB2837618 and double-click to uninstall them.
- Restart the Outlook application and check if you’re getting the new messages now.
Change the basis Folder Path for an IMAP account.
- Open Outlook and follow File>>Account Settings>>Account Settings.
- Click the Change button.
- Click More Settings option and go to Advanced option.
- Select the Folder option and attend the basis Folder path option and sort Inbox. Finally, click Save.
- Restart the Outlook application and click on the Send/Receive option within the menu bar and check if you get the newest messages.
Another method is to change the Account Settings in Outlook.
- Start Outlook application, attend the Folder option, and choose IMAP Folders.
- Uncheck the option – When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.
- Save the changes and click the Send/Receive option to check the new messages.
If any of the methods do not work to remove the problem, then you need to remove and add the IMAP account again with the Outlook. But, do not install such updates that hamper the performance of Outlook still. In severe cases, the messages may get corrupt due to bad installation of updates and the data will be inaccessible. To remove corruption, you would like to use the ESEUTIL tool further to recover the info. If you do not want to face such a scenario, then you should take the assistance of professional software like Sysinfo for OST to PST converter.
Sysinfo for OST to PST is a simple and easy-to-use migration software that can access user mailbox from any Outlook OST file save it directly to the PST file or any other location. You can migrate the mailbox from the OST file, and therefore the tool provides the best-suited filters to pick only the essential data.