Top 8 Android Data Recovery Software in 2021 | Pros and Cons Included
Undeniably, it is easy to lose your data by unintentional deletion, operating system update, device damage, etc. Backup is the best way to protect your data, but what if you lose files before backing them up? How can you get them back?
In this situation, you will need a reliable recovery tool. Here is the list of top 8 Android data recovery software in 2021, including their performance, pros, and cons. You can pick one that best meets your needs.
Tips: If new data overwrites lost files, it will be almost impossible to recover. Thus, please stop using the device before completing the recovery.
1. Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android can help you recover deleted files from Android internal storage and SD card. It can recover deleted contacts, text messages, photos, call history, documents, etc. Furthermore, the SD card recovery mode supports to recover deleted data without phone rooted.
- Recover Android data without changing formats.
- Effectively and quickly recover deleted data.
- Transfer deleted and existing data to a computer for backup.
- Provide 2 scan modes: Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Allow you to preview and select deleted files before recovery.
- Support Android 4.0 and upper.
- Scan data only before your registration.
- The quick scan feature only finds the thumbnails of pictures.
2. Wondershare Dr.Fone Data Recovery (Android)
Wondershare Dr.Fone Data Recovery (Android) is good at rescuing deleted videos, audios, WhatsApp messages, and so on. It can work for many different brands of Android devices, such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, ZTE, Xiaomi, and more.
- Recover songs with higher quality than other tools.
- Easy to operate and fast to detect Android devices.
- Seamlessly scan out existing data from most Android devices.
- There is no root popup in the beginning.
- Fail to prompt the root window on some Android devices, like Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Cannot recover deleted contacts and text messages from the rooted Samsung Galaxy S4.
3. FonePaw Android Data Recovery
FonePaw Android Data Recovery can also recover multiple deleted files from internal and external space. It can recover and export your SMS, call logs, and contacts in the easily readable HTML format.
- Recover files from your Android phone, SIM card, and micro SD card.
- No virus or malware in it.
- Large deleted files are not supported to recover.
- Cannot recover data from a specific folder, so it’s time-consuming to find lost data from the entire space.
4. MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android can recover deleted WhatsApp attachments, messages, e-books, and more. Although your Android phone is stuck, it can effectively extract data from the device.
- Easily recover deleted media files from an SD card.
- Display detailed on-screen steps when you use it.
- Free to download but not free to use.
- Cannot find the contacts removed just now.
- The scanning process takes longer in the SD recovery.
5. Stellar Data Recovery for Android
Stellar Data Recovery for Android, a desktop application, can help you regain your deleted files in 3 steps. Besides, it offers 5 languages, so that you can choose English, Italian, etc., according to your preference.
- Export recovered contacts in VCF format, which helps you effortlessly import the contacts to your Android phone.
- Allow you to select the “Show All,” “Deleted Only,” or “Existing Only” option.
- Save your recovered documents in PDF format only.
- Cannot see the root guide on the interface.
6. Jihosoft Android Data Recovery
Jihosoft Android Data Recovery is a safe program for Android devices. Its Windows and Mac versions are available for download. But if you want to use full features, you are required to pay for a license in advance.
- Divide Android files into 3 parts: Multimedia, Database, and WhatsApp.
- Recover part of deleted data, and the quality of recovered files is low.
- Support Android 2.1 to Android 9.0, but not include the latest Android OS.
- Cannot detect the device which has enabled the USB debugging mode.
7. UltFone Android Data Recovery
UltFone Android Data Recovery can recover WeChat chat history and other common data types. Its biggest highlight is that you can find your lost WeChat text messages and attachments.
- Extract your data from your locked Android phone when you forgot the password.
- Recover WhatsApp and WeChat chats without root on Android.
- The WeChat recovery only supports Xiaomi and Huawei devices running Android 9.0 or lower.
- Only transfer the existing data but not deleted files from the broken Android phone.
8. iMobie PhoneRescue
iMobie PhoneRescue is helpful to recover lost SMS, pictures, and more from Android devices. Its quick scan mode allows you to recover data without root from internal memory. Additionally, it enables you to import the recovered data to your phone directly.
- Deep scan mode digs out more hidden files from Android.
- When getting your permission, it will root your phone automatically.
- The quick scan mode only shows the existing files.
This post now has finished the introduction of the top 8 Android data recovery software. Have you made your decision? If you have other excellent recovery tools, welcome to share it in the comments part.