Easy Methods to Resolve “Internal Error code=0000000E” of Outlook OST File
Microsoft Outlook has two ﬁle formats on which it works that are OST and PST.OST which stands for Ofﬂine Storage Table works in the ofﬂine mode whereas PST stands for Personal Storage Table that works in the online mode. Outlook OST ﬁle and PST ﬁle are the left and right legs of the software. If any one of them stops working then the other also suffers.
Table of Contents
Signiﬁcance of OST ﬁles in Outlook
Microsoft Outlook makes a copy of all the mail exchange boxes in the ofﬂine mode.OST ﬁle. So that if there is no internet connection and the server is not available then also you can work on Outlook OST ﬁle in the ofﬂine mode without hindering your work.
Outlook OST ﬁle and its synchronization
Outlook internal error 0000000E comes while synchronization of the ﬁles among the exchange server and outlook OST ﬁle or if the Outlook data ﬁle cannot be accessed.
These things usually happen when the user is establishing the connection between the outlook data ﬁle location and exchange server and the connection could not be successfully built between the two.
Fixing of corrupt OST ﬁle and Outlook internal error 0000000E
In the previous paragraph, it is explained that the error persists to corrupt the OST ﬁle. To overcome the synchronization error, we have two methods are as follows:
- Manual Method
- Professional Method Let’s study both methods:
- Manual Method
We can use the manual method to repair the corrupted outlook OST ﬁle by using Scanost.exe. It is a tool provided by Microsoft for the synchronization errors in OST ﬁles that are minor.
For repairing of corrupted outlook OST ﬁle follow the below steps:
- First, ﬁnd the outlook OST ﬁle location windows 10 or XP or any other windows version that you are using by going to the location Drive D:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
- If your MS Outlook is still open, close it before you move
- Search exe in the windows bar and open the folder in which scanost.exe and scanpst.exe are placed.
- Under general click on properties and then click on Always use this proﬁle option. Here a Drop-down menu opens up, click on the Outlook option and press
- Now, select your desired ﬁle from the Proﬁle name list and then click on connect
- Tick on the Repair error box and let the OST integrity do the work and check for the errors in the OST ﬁle.
- Select Begin Scanost will do the necessary.
Demerits of Using Manual Method
- exe was removed by Microsoft after the Outlook 2007 version.
- You can not get the desired results for large OST corrupted ﬁles.
- It is a troublesome process with lots of
- You will not be able to get the mails that are deleted
- Only and only synchronization problems can be rectiﬁed using this method and other issues cannot be ﬁxed.
2. Professional Method
The professional method is the one in which we use a DRS Convert OST to PST tool. This tool helps in converting the OST ﬁles to PST, MSG, MBOX, JSON, EML, GMAIL, etc. You can easily remove the duplicate items and can also convert the corrupted OST ﬁle. It helps you to save attachments associated with your PDF ﬁle. It is made in such a way that you do not need to be a techy guy to perform the operations. It comes with a demo version where you
can convert OST to PST up to 50 mails free of cost. It comes with a search option where you can ﬁnd the single OST ﬁle easily. The software is made in such a way that it can run on any version of windows also data integrity is maintained throughout.
In the article, I explained both the manual as well as the Professional Method. If you would ask me about the method to follow to recover corrupted Outlook OST ﬁles. I would suggest you go for Professional OST to PST converter tool by DRS. As you can see there are a lot of issues with the Manual Method. Moreover, 100% data recovery is not enforced. While on the other hand Professional OST to PST tool has all the capabilities that you are looking forward to.