How much time do you need to prepare your trip to Australia?
Coming to study in Australia for a while is no joke. Therefore, to prepare your trip to Australia you will need several things, including time.
It is possible to prepare your trip to Australia in less than 2 months, even 1 month, but honestly, we do not recommend doing something like that, unless you want to spend a month superstressed and running from one place to another.
When we talk about Australia, several factors must be taken into account. On the one hand, this country requires a visa, which, unless it is a tourist one, you will get from one day to the next.
If you want to apply for a student visa, we recommend starting the procedures at least 4 to 3 months in advance. Keep in mind that it can take up to more than a month to grant you the student visa.
Regarding the planning of the trip, there are people who need more time, especially to raise the necessary funds and prefer to start learning much earlier. We have already mentioned on several occasions that to come to Australia you will need some savings, so if your account is at zero right now, it is best to start organizing even a year before.
There are also many cases of people who decide overnight, are more determined, have good savings and do not need a preparation time with so much margin. Whatever style you are, once you make the decision to come to Australia, you will need at least 3 months to prepare your trip.
What do I need to travel to Australia?
Hundreds of doubts invade your head and at times you think you’re getting a little crazy. You don’t need a rocket… don’t worry.
First thing, breathe. Australia is far, yes, but you will see that things here are not so different from Europe.
To travel to Australia, above all you need to have the desire and great enthusiasm to live a new experience and then, apart from this, there are a series of requirements to travel to Australia that should be taken into account such as the visa, the passport, the age (don’t be alarmed, luckily there is no age for the student visa), savings, the course, health insurance and something else.
Tips for traveling to Australia? Yes please!
We are experts in student mobility and we can give you thousands of tips, however, no matter how many things we tell you so you don’t fall into the typical rookie mistakes, there are things that can only be learned by experiencing them. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes, that’s how you learn!
You are not satisfied, are you? Ok, so here are some extra tips:
- Plan your trip in advance.
- Pack your suitcase to travel to Australia based on the time you are coming. Do not fill it too much and leave all those things that you are going to put “just in case”. You are not going to the middle of the jungle, in case you need an extra coat or sandals, you can buy them here.
- Bring some changed money but not all. The ideal is to bring about $1000 AUD in cash to spend the first few weeks and later make a transfer.
- Save all your university titles in a pdf version, you don’t have to bring the originals with you.
- Be careful with your passport! That it is valid for your entire stay and something else. In the event that you need to renew your passport in Australia, you can only do so in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Bring an adapter to charge your mobile and laptop.
- Bring your international driving license. Although there are places where the European is enough.
- If you have to take any type of medication, talk to your GP beforehand.
- Prepare your resume the Australian way.
- Ask people who are living in Australia, read blogs, news, in general do a Google search with all your questions.