Polytechnic Engineering Diploma: A Fast Track to Career Advancement
Are you a 10th pass-out, interested in the field of science and technology? Do you want to start earning early? Or are you looking for an engineering course that is affordable and offers various employment opportunities? Well, you can consider opting for a polytechnic engineering diploma. And, if you want to know more details about the career opportunities this course will offer, and which polytechnic colleges in Kerala will be suitable to pursue this course then read this blog.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Polytechnic Engineering Diploma
The polytechnic engineering diploma offers a course related to technical education. In this course, students are taught the basic fundamentals and essential topics of engineering. This diploma course is a perfect alternative to a degree course. Various private polytechnic colleges in Kerala offer this course in various streams of engineering.
|Available Streams||● Chemical engineering
● Civil engineering
● Automobile engineering
● Mechanical Engineering
● Electrical and electronics engineering
|Eligibility criteria||● Age- 16 years
● Candidates must have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.
● Lateral entry admission– Candidate must have passed class 12th with science stream.
|Government Quota||50% of seats are reserved and will be allotted to the students by the commissioner of entrance examination.|
|Seats available||60 seats for each stream|
|Course Duration||3 years|
Why a polytechnic diploma is considered a fast track to career advancement-
You can pursue a Diploma course right after your class 10th, and after completing the diploma, you get numerous job opportunities. And you start earning early as compared to the engineering students who choose to pursue graduate and post-graduate programs in engineering.
Career Opportunities after studying at polytechnic colleges in Kerala
- Higher education option- After completing the Polytechnic diploma, students can further continue studying and opt for courses such as B. Tech or BE as a lateral entry option. Students can also choose to go for the AIME certification, which is also considered equivalent to a BE course.
- Job opportunities-
All the streams of engineering have numerous job opportunities in the both public and private sectors. Below mentioned is a detailed list of recruiting sectors, recruiting companies, and job positions offered to different engineering graduates.
|Streams of engineering||Recruiting sector||Recruiting Companies||Job positions|
|● Fertilise companies
● Oil & Gas exploration companies
● Coal companies
|● Pfizer Inc.
● Gas Authority of India Ltd.
● Piramal healthcare ltd.
● Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited
|● Mechanical consultant
● Manufacturing Engineer
● maintenance technician
● Field operator
● Market analyst
● Associate scientist
|● Construction and infrastructure companies
● Cement industry
● Power and energy industry
● Punj Lyod
● Hindustan construction company
● Reliance Infrastructure
|● Site engineer
● Structural engineer
● Construction engineer
● Urban planning engineer
● Geotechnical engineer
● Urban planning engineer
|Automobile engineering||● Automobile manufacturing companies
● Production plants
● Service stations
● Road transport corporations
|● TVS Motor Company
● Mahindra and Mahindra
● Hero Motocorp
● Tata Motors
● Yamaha Motors
|● Automobile Engineer
● Material Specialist
● Inspection and quality control professional
● Design Engineer
● Design and development
● Material science
|● Godrej Group
● Larsen & Toubro
● Ashok Leyland
|● Junior Engineer
|Electrical and electronics engineering
|● IT industry
● Plant engineering department
● Power generation and transmission
● Electrical equipment and system manufacturing companies
|● Reliance industries
● Tata consultancy services
|● Field Engineer
● Quality assurance Engineer
● CAD Engineer
● Electric Engineer
TOMS- One of the leading engineering colleges in Kottayam
Situated in the Kottayam district, this engineering college offers one of the top B.Tech and polytechnic diploma courses in Kerala. It has also ranked 2nd among Kerala’s private engineering colleges.
You should choose TOMS for your polytechnic diploma courses because-
- Placement– At TOMS, the placement division makes sure that their students get placed in top multinational organizations with attractive salary packages. The placement division also prepares students for placement drives by providing them with training in four different stages.
- Infrastructure– This is one of the engineering colleges in Kottayam that provide a residential facility, and library. Laboratory, nearby ATM facility, and all the other essential facilities to give students a peaceful and comforting living and learning environment.
- Affordable– TOMS believes in offering quality education with an affordable fee structure. And the tuition fee for management quota students is 20,000 per semester and for government quota students it’s 12,500 Rs. only
We hope this blog helped in understanding the various career opportunities available after completing a polytechnic diploma in engineering. If you are certain about joining the engineering field, you can start early by opting for a diploma course. Also, make sure you join one of the polytechnic colleges in Kerala that provides high-quality education with good placement opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any benefits of polytechnic courses?
The major benefits of polytechnic courses are that it focuses on the practical aspect of engineering, also diploma courses complete faster as compared to the degree course, and you can get government and private jobs faster.
- What is the salary of polytechnic engineering diploma graduates in India?
In India, the average salary earned by polytechnic engineering diploma graduates in India is 2,50,000 per year and with some years of experience, you can also earn up to 5,35,000 per annum.
- What are the skills required to join polytechnic colleges in Kerala?
Below mentioned are certain skills that are required to make a fruitful career in engineering-
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Good programming skills
- Knowledge of basic fundamentals of engineering
- What are the subjects taught in the civil engineering diploma?
The core subjects taught in the civil engineering diploma of polytechnic colleges in Kottayam are as follows-
- Building and construction & maintenance engineering
- Irrigation engineering
- Transpiration engineering
- Civil engineering drawing
- Field Exposure
- What is the admission procedure for a Polytechnic diploma in engineering at TOMS college of engineering and polytechnic?
Application form can be downloaded from TOMS college’s website or can be obtained from the college’s office and after filling in the details of the form in the hard copy, courier/post the form with the demand draft of Rs. 650 in favour of TOMS college of engineering.