The Easiest Way to Remotely Access PC over Internet for Free
How can I remotely access another computer over the Internet for free?
“I work in a city next to my home. Recently, my boss has decided to let the staff work from home for a week for some reasons. But I have so many important files on my work computer that I would need for my next week’s work. It’s really time-consuming to send them to my home computer one by one. I wonder how to remotely access another computer over the Internet for free. Is RDP workable? Any suggestions would be appreciated.”
According to the post above, we could see that the poster has two basic requirements for the tool to remotely access another computer: free and supports cross-Internet remote control. Based on these, RDP is workable, but not easy.
Using RDP to remotely access PC over the Internet requires you to set up port forwarding, which is complicated for many users. Therefore, here we would like to introduce an easy way for you to remotely access PC over the Internet for Free.
Full guide on how to remotely access PC over Internet for free
In this section, we’ll introduce how to remotely access another computer over the Internet for free with the free yet professional remote desktop software AnyViewer. Compared with RDP, it has the following advantages:
- RDP requires an IP address or computer name to achieve remote connection, while AnyViewer doesn’t.
- RDP requires the two devices to be under the same network, otherwise, you need to set up port forwarding. While you can achieve cross-Internet remote access via AnyViewer without any special configuration.
- RDP can’t be used to connect to Windows 10 Home Edition or Windows 7 Start Edition, while AnyViewer supports any devices running iOS 10.0 or later and multiple Windows versions on PCs.
In addition to the above-mentioned advantages of AnyViewer, it also has the following strong points:
- iOS version. It also has an iOS version, you are able to access the remote computer from your mobile iOS devices, like iPad or iPhone.
- Unattended remote connection. You can achieve unattended remote connections unconditionally once the devices have logged in to the same account.
- Secure. Your data has been safely guarded by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption; you are free of data leakage.
- Fast & stable. It is developed by a strong technical team, providing you with a stable and fast remote connection.
- Efficient. There’s a taskbar on the top middle of the screen, you can take quick operations, like restarting or shutting down the computer, opening the Task Manager and Command Prompt.
Step 1. Download, install, launch AnyViewer on both computers.
Step 2. Go to Log in, and then click Sign up. (If you already have signed up on its official website, you can log in directly.)
Step 3. Fill in the sign up information.
Step 4. Then you can see you successfully logged in to AnyViewer. Your device will automatically be assigned to the account you’ve logged in to.
Step 5. Log in to the same AnyViewer account on the two devices. Go to the Device tab, then click Remote control to achieve unattended remote access to the target computer.
Note: Free edition of AnyViewer allows you to remotely control two computers simultaneously. If you want to control more computers, you can upgrade your account to a Professional or Enterprise plan.
Once you’ve upgraded your plan, you can also choose to Connect in privacy mode, which means you can black the screen and block the mouse and keyboard of the remote computers. If you want to control your own remote computers and don’t want anyone around the computers to see what you’re doing right now, this feature would do you great help to protect your privacy.
This post mainly introduces how to remotely access PC over the Internet for free via AnyViewer. Compared to RDP, it has many advantages. If you’re looking for an easy way to connect two computers under different networks, you can give it a try.