The Pros And Cons of an Industrial Mezzanine
The intermediate floor that is placed between the two floors of a building is called a mezzanine floor. This floor is placed halfway to the wall on the floor and it is usually twice as high as the floor and has a minimum height on the ceiling.
You do not count the mezzanine as one of the floors when you determine the maximum floor space. You can create less ceiling space using the additional floors.
One can use this additional floor for different types of uses and needs. These are greater than 1/3rd of the total space of the floor to complete the entire floor. This is lower than the normal ceiling based on the location of the mezzanine.
What Is a Mezzanine Platform?
As mentioned earlier, this is an intermediate flooring that is placed below the open floor of the building. For door traffic, the mezzanine platform should have plenty of height below and above the deck. People can make additional space in their building with the use of mezzanine platforms. This will also help you to create personal vast and ceiling space. This is twice the minimum floor height and to the ceiling distance that is placed halfway on the floor and on the wall.
Types Of Mezzanine Floors
There are mainly three types of mezzanine floors. They are:
- Steel mezzanine floors
- Concrete mezzanine floor
- Wooden mezzanine floors
Let us know what these mean and what are the features that distinguish them from each other.
Concrete Mezzanine Floors
The concrete mezzanine floors are durable and strong. Such floors are durable and strong even to take the heavy load without any problem. This is one of the reasons why it is so popular in the market today. The concrete mezzanine is also fire resistant and economical as well. If you want to prevent dampers, choosing these floor types is the best option.
Steel Mezzanine Floors
For industrial and official buildings, the steel mezzanine floors are second to none. The key reason behind it is that it can withstand the heavy foot traffic in the industrial area these are secure and solid.
The steel mezzanine floors are resistant to moisture and do not corrode easily. Such storage structures require low maintenance costs and last for long without any problem. These two crucial features make them highly suitable for use in industries and commercial areas.
Wooden Mezzanine Floors
If you want an elegant space, you would need a wooden mezzanine floor. This floor provides you with high-level beauty and it can be used in retail shops and offices to keep documents, products, and materials. The wooden floors have extreme resistance power and durability. Last but not least, it is extremely easy to install in your house or office compared to concrete and steel middle floors.
Applications Of Mezzanine Floors
The flooring platforms can be used for various purposes. Some are as follows;
- These floors can be used in different surroundings to create a comfortable environment for work.
- When you want to increase the work in a small space or office, you can use the mezzanine floors.
- These floors are multi-purpose and fits in all kinds of location. Some of the places where you can use these floors are bulk storage rooms, offices and a cafeteria tables for employees.
- You can use these platforms or floors to create an additional floor space that helps to make the ceiling feel less and personal vast.
- Using these floors you can add a space in your property or office or other types of spaces and construction.
Advantages Of Mezzanine Floors
These have amazing benefits. Some of the advantages of mezzanine floors are as follows:
- One of the most common advantages of this floor is that you get different choices. You can choose among the three types of mezzanine floors depending on your needs and requirements.
- These help you to increase your workspace even if the area is small.
- Create an open space or a second level with the mezzanine floor. This is multi-purpose flooring for your building. These can be used in all kinds of spaces including the ones where the foot traffic is too much.
- You will get a vast personal and the ceiling space will feel less when you use these floors to create an additional floor.
- The mezzanine floors provide you with adequate workspace and environment. This is one of the biggest benefits of these floors or platforms.
- These floors provide you with extra space in the office or residential area without any trouble.
Disadvantages Of Mezzanine Floors
Like every other thing, these floors also have some demerits along with merits. Some of the disadvantages of the mezzanine floors are as follows.
- One of the disadvantages of these floors is that it takes significant ground floor space that is supported by the posts that are often placed in areas that have heavy traffic.
- The next demerit of this floor is that the second floor is like another floor placed on beams.
These were some of the pros and cons of the mezzanine platforms that are used widely in different commercial and industrial areas. People must note all the details about these floors before installing them in their space. You will get three different options to choose from. Choose the one that you think will suit your needs and preferences. Each one has different benefits and uses. Think of the use of these floors and then choose which one would you like to have in your space.