DIY Techniques to Fix “Exchange Server is unavailable” Error
Alas! So you’ve encountered the dreaded error “Exchange Server is Unavailable’’. It happens in versions such as 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 while you are trying to connect Outlook or Office 365. Cheer up, as we have found the cure to fix it with some best methods, read it here.
Table of Contents
The Problem Encountered: Exchange is Unavailable
Whenever you try to open Outlook, you are not able to access any data, mailboxes, or stored items.
It needs to be fixed soon to reduce downtime and accessibility of data. But for that, we need to look for the cause behind this error.
Root Cause behind your Microsoft exchange server is unavailable
We solely depend on an Internet connection to use Outlook. Weak, Low network connection bandwidth or internal breakage are primary areas that need your focus to fix the connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost issue.
If still, an error is there, then try fixing the issue with any of the following methods suitable to you.
Repair “Exchange server is unavailable” issue with Handy Approaches:
We have listed here separate methods for you, according to the user type.
1. For Office 365 Users
You need to check for any conflict in your username and password. This happens mostly when you have used the same email address and password for your Office 365 and the third party provider’s login. From the two of these applications, change the login credentials in anyone. Another way is to create a new alias with the following steps:
- Firstly, log in to your exchange admin center.
- Now, you need to navigate to recipients-> mailboxes and click on your mailbox.
- After that, choose the email address and click on the “+” sign.
- Next, select the SMTP server and add a new alias to your domain.
- Now, make use of the new alias to set up your Outlook.
- In this last step, when you are prompted for a login, utilize the original Office 365 email address. It should work.
2. For the users of Outlook 2007/2010
You can check with the following two methods and fix your Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable error.
- Enable RPC encryption
Probably, you got this error message as your RPC encryption is not enabled. Manually enable the RPC encryption as by default it is disable in exchange server 2010.
Also, make sure that encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft exchange option in your profile settings, is not disable.
Make use of the following steps to enable RPC encryption in Outlook 2007.
- Start first by downloading the latest version of Outlk12.adm group policy template.
- Add this template to your domain controller.
- After that, make use of Windows and R key and type out gpedit.msc in it.
- In this step, navigate to User configuration ->administrative templates ->classic administrative templates (adm) ->Microsoft office outlook 2007> Tools.
- Locate and Enable RPC encryption” with a double-click on it.
- From the message box, choose “enabled” and click ok.
If you are in Outlook 2010 then,
- Find the option of User configuration -> administrative templates (ADM).
- From there opt for the Microsoft outlook 2010-> account settings.
- After that, go to exchange and enable the “Enable RPC encryption” option.
- Export Registry keys
You can export registry keys from a different machine, to resolve the connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost. For that
- Shift to a different PC and open the registry editor.
- Browse the location as : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows messaging subsystem.
- After that, right-click on the Windows messaging subsystem and select the “export” option. Also, give a name for the export file and save it.
- Finally, transfer this file to your PC and merge it to your registry.
Reopen Outlook and try connecting again. If you still face the same message, then you need professional assistance. Exchange OST Recovery provides you professional assistance to regain an exchange mailbox from an OST file. Use it today and recover all your missing as well as corrupted data back.
Useful Article – Free manual methods for OST file recovery in 2020
This blog is to help you to solve the error: the exchange server is unavailable. You can use the manual methods to correct ‘your Microsoft exchange server is unavailable’. But, Professional Exchange OST Recovery is the best to deal with when the connection to Microsoft Exchange has been lost.