How to Convert Lotus Notes to PST Format of Outlook?
Both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are widely used and popular email clients among the users. Lotus Notes stores all its data in NSF (Notes Storage Facility) file format and Microsoft Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) file format to store all its data. There might be numerous reasons for which users want to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. MS Outlook provides various amazing features which attract users. Previously, it was a challenging task to convert Lotus Notes to PST Outlook but now has become quite easy. We will discuss here some of the recommended solutions which will help you to easily perform the NSF to PST conversion. We will provide manual as well as automated NSF to PST Converter solution.
Let’s first understand some reasons to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST for a better understanding of the users.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Convert Lotus Notes to PST Outlook
As we have discussed above, there can be various reasons for which users want to convert NSF to PST file format. We have mentioned some of the most common reasons below.
- Outlook is much cost-effective as compared to the IBM Lotus Notes.
- Users can configure multiple accounts simultaneously in the Outlook application.
- Job switching might be another reason as if the other working place may use the MS Outlook email client.
- Microsoft Outlook application is more user-friendly than the Lotus Notes.
Now, let’s move further to see how users can perform the NSF to PST conversion manually and by using an automated Lotus Notes to Outlook converter.
Manual Technique to Convert Lotus Notes to PST Format
Users can use the manual solution to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST file format. The process might be complex and lengthy, so it is suggested to keep a duplicate copy of the original file before starting the process as there can be a risk of data loss due to human errors. For a better understanding of users, we have divided the complete manual process into two steps.
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Launch the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on the Open button and choose IBM Lotus Notes application.
- Hit the browse button to select the NSF files to export.
- Choose the Export option under File section.
- Now enter the credentials such as file name, saving type, and path of the file.
- Choose the comma-separated (.csv) value format.
- In the CSV export dialog box, select the options at your convenience.
- The data will now get saved in the location that the user has defined.
Step 2: Import CSV File into Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook
- Open File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Press the import from another program or file option.
- Choose file type as comma-separated values.
- Browse to select the CSV file path.
- Navigate to the path to save the exported file.
- Check on the checkbox.
- All the CSV files are now imported to MS Outlook.
- More complex and time-taking process.
- High risk of data loss.
- Exporting selective NSF files is not possible.
- Batch conversion is not possible.
Professional Solution to Convert Lotus Notes to PST
Above, we have seen that there are several limitations using the manual strategies for NSF to PST conversion. Therefore, as an alternative, users can opt for one of the best and reliable professional automated solutions available in the market. One such solution is DRS NSF to PST Converter software which can easily convert multiple Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook in a single click. Users are able to convert NSF to PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, EML, EMLX, HTML, CSV, and many others. The automated professional solutions are considered to be more reliable and secure in comparison with the conventional methods of conversion. The utility is designed on such an easy interface, even a novice user can run the software without any hassle.
- Easily exports Lotus Notes mailbox items such as email messages, calendars, contacts, etc to MS Outlook.
- Batch conversion is possible.
- Provides Search, date filter, and preview options.
- Capable of removing encryption from Lotus Notes emails.
- Provides the saving DocLink and Internet header options.
- No file size restrictions.
- Smooth user-friendly GUI.
- The free NSF to PST Converter version is also available for a free performance evaluation.
We have discussed two methods in this blog to convert Lotus Notes to PST Outlook. However, with the manual technique of conversion, there come several limitations as well that we have already mentioned above. This might be harmful to the user’s important database. So, it is suggested to use the well-known and trusted automated solution which is discussed above for an effortless NSF to PST Conversion.