How To Delete Location History From Your Google Account
Google can tell the story of your life using the Location History. From one side, location history is a useful instrument, which can bring you to the services nearby. Well-developed Google Maps and other apps can suggest interesting offers.
On the other side, not all users want Google to know so much about them. In all cases, you may delete location history or make deleting automatically. There is a detailed instruction about it!
How To Delete Google Location History?
Before starting deleting the Google location history, make sure it is turned on your device or computer. The history can be turned on there if:
- You are signed in to the Google account
- Your location turned on
- Location Reporting on your device is active
When all of those conditions work, the history was recorded. To delete it, choose the operating system of your mobile phone.
To delete the information from the iPhone can be deleted making several easy, but effective steps.
- Step 1: Open the Google Map. When you make it, find the icon “Account circle”. It will be in the right top corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Select the Timeline to see your location history. Then go to the icon “More”.
- Step 3: Browse to the bottom of the page. There will be the icon “Delete”. Choose it and then make the confirmation one more time.
These three simple steps will help you to clear the Google location history on the iPhone. However, when you have the Android operating system, follow the next helpful recommendations:
- Step 1: Open the Google Map on your Android device and look for the Account Circle again
- Step 2: Search for the Timeline and more information about it
- Step 3: Open the Settings and Privacy. Then, find the Location history and delete it. Before deleting you will see the instruction of several confirmations.
However, when you want to delete the location history Google, you will open the browser. There the situation with deleting is another. There are several separate steps:
- Step 1: Follow the link google.com/maps/timeline to open the needful icon.
- Step 2: If you opened the link, search for the Settings icon.
- Step 3: Select to delete all the account history. Agree on it one more time. That is all.
As you see, the steps in each case are really easy. Only check if your location history is turned on. Sometimes people confuse the location history with the browser one.
For instance, the lady uses amazing datingjet.com. She wants to delete it but opens each time the location history. Thus, the link like http://datingjet.com/ is still in her history.
How To Automatically Delete Google Location History?
There is also the useful function of deleting the Google Location History automatically. It is the perfect option for busy people, who do not want to waste their time and need the turn-on location. This action needs your one step. It is the same on different operating systems.
Open the Google Maps and Account Circle. Then, follow Timeline and Settings. They’re put on the tick for Deleting the history automatically. Select the period via which the history should be kept. From that moment the location history from the Google account will be deleted automatically.
Besides, it is a cool way to leave Google without the facts about your life. As it is hard to control the location history all the time, automatically deleting will rescue you and your private information.
How To Delete The Location History Of The Certain Day?
Often users want to delete the history of a certain day or period. Make it easy, just follow several steps.
Complete the same actions as in the deleting of all history. However, when you open the Settings, choose to Delete Location History Range. Choose the first and end date. It will be the period you want to delete.
In case you need to delete a certain date from your Google location history, open the Timeline and select the Calendar icon. It will be on the right top corner. Choose the date you want to delete, follow the button “More” and delete it.
Actually, you may even delete a certain location from the history. Choose the date when you were in the place you need to delete and open the location. Press the “Delete” icon to finish your activity there.
To sum up, it is easy to delete the location history from Google account. Just select your operating system and follow the steps below. Read more details on the Google settings, as there you may read how to turn off the location on your device. If you turn it off, the history will not be recorded.
Theresa Cofield is a freelance writer who has a love for creativity and a passion for helping others. She works as a writer at the blog where she covers the topics of relationships and love in general.