The Most Important Statistics About Social Media Advertising
Before you pick up the best social media post designer for yourself, make sure to evaluate your social media advertising strategy. Your marketing strategy is what makes the crux of your performance and industry benchmark.
The pandemic year of 2020 was a major hit for social media. Businesses have to run online and it all comes down to leveraging the power of social media marketing to build a traffic base and drive high ROI for your business.
In this post, we’ll learn the most important statistics about social media that have helped every individual to make a mark on social channels.
Table of Contents
Social Media Advertising Stats
Social media continues to grow rapidly even today and is making new records in the digital world. Here are some social media usage stats that will surprise you in 2021.
Social Media usage stats
Well, it’s no more a secret, social media has outranked other traditional forms of media channels in popularity. It allows users to keep track of their friends, family, and brands. That’s why people are busy applying different social media strategies to market their products, services or build online brands.
- We have over 3.6 billion people using social media globally. The number is all set to rise to 4.41 billion by 2025.
- The topmost social media networks ranked in terms of active user count are Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
- Internet users stay online for an average of 144 minutes on social channels per day.
- Facebook – the oldest of all social media networks saw new changes in 2020. The introduction of new features like live broadcasting from a Page, Creator Studio updates and Messenger integration has worked in favor of the Facebook community.
- Facebook is at the top of the popularity chart. It is the most used social network in the world as of now. As of Q3 2020, the social network has over 2.7 billion monthly active users.
- The Facebook benchmark for engagement rate per post is 0.09%. The number is unchanged since 2019.
- The Facebook network boasts nine million active advertisers in the Q2 of 2020. While the company claims that mobile phones accounted for 92% of its total revenue.
Links were the most common content types in use for brands on the social network. It stands at 44.2% for all brand posts.
Instagram is up and ready with its new features every few months. The network introduced shopping tags on Live videos to help brands sell better and consumers shop with ease. Reels were another important addition to the suite of Instagram videos, advancing the company’s urge to work in tandem with creators.
- Instagram has over 1 billion active users with 500 million of them using Instagram stories.
Women are the largest demographic on the platform between the age of 18-24 years.
- The engagement rate per post for Instagram is 1.22%. The average engagement rate fell by 23% to 1.6% in 2019.
- Over 90% of US marketers choose Instagram as the most popular social media platform for influencer marketing.
- The top-rated content types that are effective enough to drive high engagement for influencer marketing are posts (78%) and Stories (73%).
Twitter, just like Facebook, launched new features for fact-checking in direct response to the US presidential election and interaction control to limit the list of lies spreading and wooing the voters.
- Twitter has 187 million daily active user count as of Q3 in 2020. It is increasing up 29& over a year and is monetizable traffic.
- The Twitter engagement rate per Tweet stands at 0.045%. It is now consistent for years in a row.
- Tweeting frequency witnessed a sharp decline by 10% in 2020. The present average across major industries is 0.77 Tweets per day. Speaking of some specific industries, the media (9.54 Tweets each day) and sports world (7.24 Tweets each day) together outmatch all other industries.
Being aware of the social media marketing statistics can help brands in shaping their online strategy to achieve new goals. Are you failing to draw engagement rates constantly for your brand? Then click here to learn how to do it right and keep up with the industry benchmarks.
Hermit Chawla is a Marketing Manager at Sprak Design. He would love to share thoughts on Social Media Post Designer, Lifestyle Design, Branding Firm, Exhibition design etc..