WhatsApp Clone: Understand and how to protect yourself in 2022
We all know that Whatsapp is the safest platform for messaging all over the world as it is secured by end-to-end encryption. Nevertheless, cybercrime is increasing day by day. As a result, the hacking of Whatsapp is expanding at a noticeable rate. No need to say that it will only increase in the future. So, it is a matter to worry about and you have to be careful and take action from now. You can Top Whatsapp clone development company.
Apart from different features on messaging, Whatsapp offers users a lot of security options for the safety of users. To use your Whatsapp safely and to avoid your Whatsapp from hacking, you must know these security features and use them to keep your chats secure. If you want to know more, you can Get more information about Whatsapp clone development company.
Here, in this article, we will discuss in detail the Whatsapp clone and the procedure for protecting your Whatsapp from hackers and keeping your Whatsapp account and chats safe and secure. Basically, we will discuss 5 simple steps that every Whatsapp user must follow to ensure that your private chats do not fall in the wrong hands that can create a serious problem.
- Disabling the Cloud Backup: The first step for keeping your Whatsapp account safe is disabling the cloud backup. At night, Whatsapp starts to backup all the chats to your cloud storage. This backup helps you when you switch devices or uninstall Whatsapp. This backup makes sure that you can get all your chats back even after switching devices or uninstalling Whatsapp from your current device. The hackers work on this point, such as, if they get access to that backup, they can easily make a clone of your Whatsapp. If you want to secure your Whatsapp, you have to turn off the automatic backing up. You can do that by going to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > selecting the Backup to Google Drive option and selecting Never. However, you can not recover your chats if you turn the automatic cloud backup option down in case of switching devices or uninstalling Whatsapp.
- Inspecting encryption manually: Whatsapp is end-to-end encrypted, but you can check it manually. You can check the encryption by tapping on the person’s name, then clicking on the Encryption option. A unique 40 digit code will appear. You can share that code with the other person or scan that QR code with the person’s device. You will find the same code on the other person’s device.
- Active two-step verification: Whenever you try to open your Whatsapp on another device, you have to go through the two-step verification to ensure that it is you. Whatsapp will send a six-digit code to the number from which Whatsapp is registered. Only you can know that code. Even if a hacker tries to hack your Whatsapp, they will not be able to use it as your account will be logged out. It will only open with the six-digit code. For activating Two-Step Verification go to Menu > Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable.
- Enable face lock and fingerprint lock: Whatsapp offers face lock and fingerprint lock to iPhone users. Make sure to enable these locks if you are an iPhone user to increase the security of your Whatsapp account. It will help to protect your Whatsapp even if it falls in the wrong hands.
- Beware of the frauds: The most important rule to secure your Whatsapp account is to stay careful and do not fall for scams. Keep your privacy on Whatsapp. Do not click or share any random links from Whatsapp. Do not download any media from an unknown number. Do not share your Whatsapp number with random strangers. You can protect your Whatsapp from strangers by hiding your profile picture, about, last seen, etc. from everyone. Set them to “My contacts”. Also, disable the option to add you to groups without your permission. You can do that by going to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups, and then tap on My Contacts.
These are the most important five steps to protect your Whatsapp from hackers. Be careful, apply them today to secure your Whatsapp in the future.
About The Author
Hermit Chawla is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs which is Web design and Development Company, helping global businesses to grow by top responsive web design services. He loves to share his thoughts on Social Media Marketing Services and Game Design Development etc.