How to Troubleshoot Outlook Express Sending Email Multiple Times?
At a time MS Outlook Express was one of the popular email clients, but now it is a discontinued application. However, many users still using but they encountered various problems related to the Microsoft Outlook Express. In Outlook Express one of the most common errors is “Outlook Express sending emails multiple times error”. There are several reasons responsible for this tedious problem. Therefore, in this article, I am going to explain the causes and remedies of the error that Outlook Express sending the same email multiple times.
You may also read – Fix Outlook Express 2GB Limit
Symptoms of Outlook Express Sending Emails Multiple Times Error
- The already sent email message is again delivered to the same recipient automatically.
- When a user Launch Outlook Express, the previous email is repeatedly sent to the recipient.
- The message is stuck in the ‘Outbox’ folder and does not move to the ‘Sent Items’ folder in OE.
When the users face the above-mentioned situations in Outlook Express, then it means an error is generated in the program.
Why is Outlook Express Sending Multiple Copies of the Same Email?
There are multiple reasons for the same due to which Outlook Express is sending multiple copies of the same email. Some of them are mentioned below:
- The basic reason behind this error is less space available in the Outlook Express mailbox. In fact, when one can send an email, Outlook Express keeps a copy of the email message and shows it in the Sent Items folder.
- While the 2 GB space of the mailbox is crossing out of space, then the sent message is stuck in the Outbox folder. As a result, every time when the user starts the program, the message is again delivered to the recipient. As a result, the message does not move to the Outlook Express Sent Items folder.
Manual Method to Fix Outlook Express Sending Multiple Times Error
It is obvious that low space in the mailbox or disk creating such an issue in the Outlook Express application. So, it is recommended to make some storage space on the system. To do so, you need to execute the below steps:
- Navigate to the Recycle Bin folder, and remove all the unnecessary data items.
- Uninstall the programs that are not used to create some storage space.
- Remove the messages from Outbox that is repeatedly sent to the same person.
- Reduce some space by deleting the message header and body in OE.
Moreover, you can also execute the solutions that are mentioned below:
Approach1. Eliminate Messages from Mailbox
- Launch the Outlook Express application and go to the Tools tab. In the drop-down menu, choose the appropriate Options.
- After that, click on the Maintenance/Advanced tab.
- Now, perform the following steps sequentially:
- Remove messages after (D) days after being downloaded (Here is D similar to a number of days). By default, the limit is 5 days.
- Not keep read messages: This feature allows the users to delete all the read messages when you close the OE application.
- Compress emails when there is (X) percent wasted space. 20 percent by default is defined in the program.
Approach 2. Use Clean-Up Option
This workaround will remove email messages from the mailbox, not from the server. Now, go through the below steps:
- Go to the File menu, and select the Clean Up Files option.
- After that, you will face the following option appears on the screen.
- Compact: This option is used to eliminate useless files from the disk
- Delete: It removes a complete email body with a header.
- Remove Messages: It removes the email body but keeps the header.
Note: For Outlook Express 5/5.5/6, you need to delete the mail body and header first. After that, reset the folders to save the headers again by clicking on the Reset button.
- Finally, click on Close>>OK.
Outlook Express mailbox has only a 2 GB size limit. Once this mailbox is reached up to a maximum limit, the Outlook Express starts sending multiple copies of emails with attachment. Hence, in this blog, we have discussed the topmost solutions that can resolve Outlook Express sending emails multiple times error easily.