3 Methods to Help Reanimate Your Laptop Battery
Maybe your laptop is old and you’re not sure how to deal with the expense of buying a new one. Or maybe you’re simply looking for a way to make your old gadget last longer. Laptop batteries can be expensive, so finding a way to reanimate yours can be a money saver.
There are many tips and tricks that can help you out with your problem. You don’t have to invest money in a new laptop if the battery is the only issue. Today, we’ll discuss how you can bring your laptop battery back to life and make sure your gadget works just fine.
Method 1. Put your battery in the freezer – yes, it works
This is what you need to do, and how to do it right. Dan Johnson, IT expert at a professional case study writing service, recommends:
- Take the battery out of your laptop and cover it with a zip lock bag.
- Put the wrapped batter in the freezer. Leave it in the freezer for about 12 hours.
- Once the time is up, remove the battery from the freezer and unwrap it.
- Let it sit like that for a while – this is to make sure that your battery gets reused to room temperature. Do not under any circumstances try to place your battery back in your laptop right after taking it out of the freezer.
- After letting it sit outside for a while, check to see if it’s dry. If it’s not, use a rag to wipe it before placing it back into your laptop.
- Put the battery back in your computer and charge your gadget.
- Leave your battery inside the laptop until the laptop dies completely and then, charge it again to full battery.
- Repeat the last two points 4-5 times. It works!
Method 2. Use a cooling pad to increase your battery life
You could also use a cooling pad to make sure your battery doesn’t heat up too much. This allows your battery to breathe and thus, last longer. You can buy a cooling pad online or, if not, you could also invest in an external fan for your gadget. The prices will differ depending on your needs but investing in such equipment is a great way to save some bucks later on. If you’re not sure what to buy, run to your closest IT shop and ask a professional for advice.
Method 3. Recalibrate your battery to make it last longer
The first question is, when do we calibrate? Calibration is required if your gadget is always plugged in, and it doesn’t die all the way. This can happen quite often, especially to those who work at home (and thus, spend 8h/day at the computer).
You can run an automatic recalibration for most laptops – but if that is not an option, you can recalibrate it manually. Custom papers specialist and mechanic, George Cranny, helps us understand this process by following the next steps.
- Make sure you charge the battery completely and then, disconnect your laptop from power.
- Keep your gadget on and keep using it until it dies completely. Then leave your laptop “dead” for at least 3 hours (up to 5 hours, not more).
- Then charge your laptop again. And voila! You’ve just recalibrated your laptop’s battery.
Bonus Method. Use this charging trick to save battery life on your laptop
This is an easy charging trick that can also save your laptop’s battery. Charge your laptop completely and then let it get to 3-5% before charging it again. Once you recharge it, your battery will reanimate by itself. Awesome, right?
There are many ways in which you can reanimate your laptop battery, as you’ve seen above. This is a good option that will save you lots of money.
So, to recap, you can either put your battery in the freezer, use a cooling pad, or recalibrate your battery to increase its life. If these options don’t work for you, you can always buy a new gadget. However, you should try these options out before spending money on a new piece of equipment.
Eliza Sadler is a professional journalist with extensive experience, 4 years. She also works as a freelancer and writes a lot of articles. She always focused on doing quality work to achieve her goals and objectives. Eliza is fascinated by the ability to create original works that meet high standards. Feel free to connect with her on email.