Extract Password from PST Files in Outlook | 2021 Guide
Table of Contents
How To Extract Password From PST Files ?
In this write-up we will provide you complete solution to extract password from PST files in all the versions of Outlook.
Passwords that were put in place to safeguard your files from unknown people misusing them can become a menace if you are unable to recall the texts that kept your folders protected.
It might be possible that there were so many password-protected files that you are unsure which password is whose.
If you are unable to remove forgotten password from PST file then you will never be able to access the crucial information, whether it is personal or professional.
How to get out of this mess?
There are chances that you might remember the old password of yours to the PST files or you won’t.
For both of these scenarios, different steps have to be followed and there are different conditions attached to it.
To avoid following such long procedures, a third-party tool is discussed in this article, which can make extracting of password from PST files feel like a breeze.
How To Extract Password from PST Files?
Many Outlook users forget their PST file password. When they attempt to access the file with an invalid password, a message similar to this one shows –
You must first remove the password protection to see the emails in this PST file.
Scenario 1:Remove Forgotten Password from PST File .
Two techniques to extract the password from your PST files when you forget your previous password are shared below, choose them according to your preference but also keep in mind the limitations attached to the manual solution.
- Using A Direct Solution To Extract The Password From The PST Files
PST Password Remover is a one-stop utility that can be used to remove the password from .pst files in bulk at the same time. You don’t even require to have Microsoft Outlook installed on your computer to utilise this programme.
Also, it doesn’t matter if the password is long, difficult, or multilingual; the application can easily open password protected PST files.
The best aspect of the programme is that it supports all versions of Windows, so you don’t have to use a different way for each version of Outlook, as you would with manual approaches.
Look at the steps below to have a clear picture of the tool:
Step 1: Download and launch the software on your system. Then, click on the Add File or Add Folder buttons.
Step 2: Choose and Open Password-Protected PST file folders for which you want to extract the password.
Step 3: Now, you will be able to see the status of the removal of the password of the PST file.
Step 4: After completion, the status report will be displayed on the screen.
2. Extract The Password From The PST File Using pst19upg.exe
Note before using this tool:
- This technique can be used when you have forgotten your previous password.
- If you have a version of Outlook which is older than 2003, you may utilise this approach.
Pst19upg.exe is a free Microsoft programme that allows you to instantly remove the password from the.pst file Outlook. It is simple to disconnect from the internet and use it to remove the password from an Outlook.pst file.
Follow these steps to Open password protected PST file
- Close Microsoft Outlook and make a backup of the PST file you want to use.
- exe should be run on the chosen file.
- In Command Prompt, type the file path to pst19up and click Enter.
- Type command line “C:My Documentspst19upg.exe” -x outlook.pst.
- As a consequence, a “filename.psx” PST copy will be generated.
- Change the name of the original PST file.
- Type pst19upg.exe followed by the file name from Command Prompt into the Command Prompt window.
- Here is your PST file without a password.
- Scanning the recovered PST using scanpst.exe and, if necessary, selecting repair.
- Select the file from the File menu to open it in Outlook.
Why is this method not preferred to Open password protected pst file?
- You must first instal Microsoft Outlook before you can unlock an Outlook PST file
- The methods are too complicated for a non-technical person to comprehend.
- When utilising the manual method, you must remove the password from each PST file one at a time.
Scenario 2: Extract Password From PST file when You Remember the Password.
This option is also accessible, but it is available in Outlook 2010, and you must know your old password to use it.
If you can’t remember your password, use one of the two ways outlined above.
Step 1: Go to the File menu, then the Account Settings page, and finally Account Settings.
Step 2: Navigate to the Data Files tab, then to the.pst file extension option, and lastly to Settings.
Step 3: Change the password in the newly generated window. Select the Change Password option to do so.
Final Words on How to Extract Password From PST Files ?
In this article, we explored both manual and automatic techniques to remove forgotten password from PST files.
However, the manual technique takes a long time and does not always produce accurate results. As a result, in this instance, a direct tool may easily open password-protected PST file.